It is official the WordPress 3.8 release, “Parker” in honor of Charlie Parker bebop innovator, is here! This release includes some pretty cool features like:
WordPress 3.8 responsive editor
- A brand new responsive admin design.
- Admin profile color schemes were spruced up. (I’m rolling midnight now).
- The dashboard homepage looks much cleaner now.
- New widgets interface and a slick new widget chooser for touch.
- The theme chooser and uploader is completely different now. (If you’ve built a theme you may want to check those screenshot.pngs. The new new is much larger now and nobody like fuzzy images.)
- And a brand new default theme, Twenty Fourteen. (which is actually kind of nice).
New Twenty Fourteen Theme
The new WordPress updates look and work splendidly. One feature I am really looking forward to is the WP API – http://wordpress.org/plugins/json-rest-api/. The WP API is a feature as a plugin project where new core features are first developed as plugins.
So far WordPress 3.8 is running smoothly for me on sites that I have upgraded and can be downloaded from WordPress.org
A Monthly Roundup of Articles and a Sweet Deal
Get the latest tips, tricks, tutorials and freebies in your inbox once a monthly.
Join our growing community of front-end web developers and designers. We are constantly publishing new industry tips, tricks and tutorials to help you take your game to the next level. We are also going to include a freebie or deal on something cool each month. Enter your email below and you will only receive this email once a month, nothing else.