The Blind Barber, yes I just typed that correctly, has a killer website designed by Gin Lane Media. This website relies heavily on large, fullscreen background photos and a solid video to tell the story. The navigation is familiar enough to quickly understand but interesting enough to encourage clicking around a bit.
- Huge black and white photography
- Simple, clean design
- Extreme focus on a simple message
- Awesome loader animation
- The site really makes the place feel legit
- The video on the about page makes me want to go there to get a good ol’ fashion cut and straight razor shave
- That video also reminds me of the virtual haircut <- awesome, use your headphones
- The blue color chosen for the text doesn’t feel crisp enough
- The shadow in the menu with the hover blue text, again not crisp
Who is Gin Lane?
Gin Lane is a full-service creative agency located in Downtown New York City. We are a team of young and innovative thinkers who started Gin Lane to help artists and creatives we believe in. Our business has expanded since our humble beginnings, but our love for art and working with passionate people is as strong as ever.
A Monthly Roundup of Articles and a Sweet Deal
Get the latest tips, tricks, tutorials and freebies in your inbox once a monthly.
Join our growing community of front-end web developers and designers. We are constantly publishing new industry tips, tricks and tutorials to help you take your game to the next level. We are also going to include a freebie or deal on something cool each month. Enter your email below and you will only receive this email once a month, nothing else.